Thursday, July 07, 2005

Good Day

I had a really good day today. I met with Richard Louis, Director of Special Operations at College Hospital in Cerritos and we worked out a lot of the specific personnel issues with staffing and orienting the new DDMI psychiatric wing. I met the Nursing Director and discussed physical plant adjustments and nursing specifics. We agreed to a meeting date to orient the medical staff to the new wing and a date for orienting the dentist involved with the dental screenings for behaviors. I had several new callers while I was at College Hospital and a request for Educational Therapy for a former patient I had tested. I spoke with a family in San Diego that is coming up to be tested in two weeks at the Pasadena office and I finished up testing today on a GMAT accommodation assessment. I had a call from an out of state professional wanting to learn business operation details and I referred him to LDonline since I am too busy to get involved with consulting to outside professionals on how to run a LD business. I had two new patient referrals and handled some hospital referrals for the regional center. I had several emails for out of state assessments that will be in Los Angeles and want a professional assessment. I also had a referral for a client in Temecula who may be coming in to be tested at the Newport Beach office. A Law School client dropped off a package of background history with MaryEllen at the Newport Beach office instead of mailing to the Pasadena office and since they have a tight deadline, I have to drive to Newport just to pick up the package...too much information in a giant envelope! I had another request to do work with lawyers and I may or may not get involved with the Forensic side of things...but I am really much too busy to take on another side to my businesses. Currently, I have a non-profit, a LLC and two dbas under the corporate umbrella...plus the behavior software I designed for the Palm that is licensed and handled through a Florida company (DDH Software.) My mom is coming in town tomorrow from Dallas so I'm taking a vacation until next Thursday...but, I will have my Treo and Powerbook to stay in touch and keep things running from afar.